- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease two 8x4-in. loaf pans. In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking soda, lemon peel, cinnamon and baking powder; gradually beat into sugar mixture, mixing just until moistened. Stir in zucchini and walnuts.
- Transfer to prepared pans. Bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Zucchini Nut Bread
Sort By :
"I love this recipe. Very light and moist. Did not add lemon zest (didn't have a lemon) but I did add a fourth teaspoon of ground cloves (I've always added ground cloves to my zucchini bread recipe) it really makes the flavor pop. Of all the zucchini bread recipes I've tried, this one is the best by far."
"This a vey good zucchini bread recipe, it's a keeper and will make again."
"Delicious How long would you bake four mini loaves?"
"I have made this recipe many, many times and the lemon zest really adds to the recipe. I have had several requests for the recipe after serving this wonderful loaf!"
"Very good recipe."