Zucchini Nut Bread Recipe
I like this bread because it's lighter and fluffier than most zucchini breads. Plus, it's a great way to put that abundant vegetable to good use!—Kevin Bruckerhoff, Columbia, Missouri
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease two 8x4-in. loaf pans. In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking soda, lemon peel, cinnamon and baking powder; gradually beat into sugar mixture, mixing just until moistened. Stir in zucchini and walnuts.
- 2. Transfer to prepared pans. Bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
1 slice equals 229 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC