Zucchini Muffins Recipe
“These yummy zucchini, currant and walnut muffins are an excellent way to use up your garden overload of zucchini,” raves Peg Gausz of Watchung, New Jersey.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup finely shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried currants or chopped raisins
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, walnuts and currants.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 350° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 muffins.
1 muffin equals 318 calories, 16 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 180 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC