Zucchini Muffins Recipe
“These yummy zucchini, currant and walnut muffins are an excellent way to use up your garden overload of zucchini,” raves Peg Gausz of Watchung, New Jersey.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup finely shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried currants or chopped raisins
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, walnuts and currants.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 350° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 muffins.
1 muffin equals 318 calories, 16 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 180 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC