- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup finely shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried currants or chopped raisins
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, walnuts and currants.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 350° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 muffins.
Reviews for Zucchini Muffins
Sort By :
"Excellent recipe. I doubled it and used a standard size cupcake/muffin tin. I had extra batter and just placed in a ramekin and baked. I added a tad extra cinnamon and subbed extra raisins for nuts. I made them vegan but eliminating egg and using flax seed meal. I topped with gluten free oats and crushed pistachios. I cut the baking time a bit mostly due to my gas oven cooking slightly faster. I also left the juices from the zucchini in and didn't drain it before using. This turned out perfectly and will go right into the freezer for weekly pool snacks. I wish I could add a picture so you could see how beautifully they turned out."
"Easy and I use it frequently. I don't use the raisins/currants b/c I don't like them, but that's just me."
"Excellent. I substituted dried cranberries in place of the raisins. I found the batter to be quite thick but it did work. My recipe made eight medium muffins. Not six. Will definitely make these again."
"Used wheat free flour (Pamela's) and dried blueberries instead of raisins. They came out great!! But I'd use fresh blueberries next time or raisins."
"I gave a 4 star because it did not seem to be enough to make 6 muffins although i did make some changes to this.. But with the changes I did not take away or add anything extra. I simply substituted a couple things. But nontheless it tasted amazing.I used pecans instead of walnuts because it was what I had on hand. I used coconut oil instead of canola oil. And because it didn't seem to be enough to make 6 muffins I baked this in a loaf pan. And after i spread it in the pan, I topped with more zucchini and nuts. And sprinkled some cinnamon sugar on top and a small handful of semi sweet chocolate chips. It came out so good, it was delicious!! Baked for about 40 minutes.Next time I will go by some of the suggestions and use whole wheel flour instead of white and add some chia seeds for extra nutrition and add a tbsp or 2 of almond milk. :)Definitely a keeper!!"