“These yummy zucchini, currant and walnut muffins are an excellent way to use up your garden overload of zucchini,” raves Peg Gausz of Watchung, New Jersey.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup finely shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried currants or chopped raisins
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, walnuts and currants.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 350° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 muffins.
Originally published as Zucchini Muffins in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005, p7
Reviews for Zucchini Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review