- 3 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 12 wedges
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion and seasonings in butter until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Gently stir in tomato wedges; sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Mozzarella Medley
Sort By :
"It's a great way to use zucchini and other fresh veggies from the garden. Nice side for chicken or steak."
"A keeper! Instead of the basil and oregano I used Italian seasoning, to taste. I cut back on the cheese because DH doesn't like a lot on his veggies. Next time I'm going to try either canola or olive oil in place of the butter."
"The vegetables came out perfect! The mozzarella seemed a bit heavy/thick for this dish, so I might do something different in the future."
"I cooked the vegetables until soft and added more basil and oregano. And we added several ounces of small cubed cheddar. It was perfect!"