- 3 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 12 wedges
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion and seasonings in butter until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Gently stir in tomato wedges; sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Mozzarella Medley
Sort By :
It's a great way to use zucchini and other fresh veggies from the garden. Nice side for chicken or steak.
A keeper! Instead of the basil and oregano I used Italian seasoning, to taste. I cut back on the cheese because DH doesn't like a lot on his veggies. Next time I'm going to try either canola or olive oil in place of the butter.
The vegetables came out perfect! The mozzarella seemed a bit heavy/thick for this dish, so I might do something different in the future.
I cooked the vegetables until soft and added more basil and oregano. And we added several ounces of small cubed cheddar. It was perfect!