Zucchini Mexicali Recipe
Try this swift skillet sensation when you're strapped for time. "This vegetable side dish goes with practically any meal," notes Pauletta Bushnell of Lebanon, Oregon. For more south-of-the-border flavor, simple increase the taco sauce.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, coarsely shredded
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/3 cup taco sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1. In a large skillet, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. stir in the taco sauce and mustard; top with tomato wedges. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 122 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC