Zucchini Latkes Recipe
- 3 medium zucchini, shredded (about 4-1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1/4 cup matzo meal or dry bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Oil for frying
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large bowl, toss zucchini and 1/2 teaspoon salt; let stand for 10 minutes. Squeeze zucchini dry. Stir in the eggs, onion, matzo meal, pepper and remaining salt.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into oil; press lightly to flatten. Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 16 latkes.
Reviews for Zucchini Latkes(6)
Sort By :
Excellent! These were more delicious than anticipated. I followed the recipe exactly - using matzo meal.
I love this
This was a quick side dish and very tasty.
I forgot to mention... I used crushed Roasted Vegetable Ritz crackers instead of bread crumbs. Gives it a great flavor!
Love these!! Great way to use zucchini from the garden.