Zucchini Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium zucchini (1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. In large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce and seasonings. Bring to boil; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut zucchini into 1/4-in. slices. In small bowl, combine cottage cheese and egg. In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, place half of the zucchini; sprinkle with half of flour. Top with cottage cheese mixture and half the meat mixture. Repeat layer of zucchini and flour.
- 3. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and remaining meat mixture. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 202 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 606mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein
Reviews for Zucchini Lasagna
"We have plenty of zucchini in our garden and we're always looking for new ways to use it. This is a pretty yummy way! I used Jimmy Dean sausage instead of hamburger. I also doubled the cottage cheese mix and added more cheese because I like my lasagna nice and rich! I also peeled and de-seeded the zucchini."
"Me and my husband loved it!!!!! I did make a few changes, like added spinach and green peppers..."
"Not bad...but a little bland and very watery! Wasn't bad, but I wouldn't make it again."
"Quick and easy! Everyone likes this and it is very tasty as a leftover too. A keeper."
"If you don't like zucchini...you need to try this! It will make you a zucchini lover!"
"I omitted the flour, since I'm avoiding carbs. Which made the final result a little watery, but it was still delicious."
"Trying this today. pix not same as direction.+cook covered-uncovered"
"We love this recipe. It is a great way to get kids to eat zucchini.Sarah"
"I've made zucchini lasagna, but never used the flour as in this recipe. I'm sure it will make the end result more firm and manageable"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.