Zucchini Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium zucchini (1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. In large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce and seasonings. Bring to boil; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut zucchini into 1/4-in. slices. In small bowl, combine cottage cheese and egg. In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, place half of the zucchini; sprinkle with half of flour. Top with cottage cheese mixture and half the meat mixture. Repeat layer of zucchini and flour.
- 3. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and remaining meat mixture. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 202 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 606 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.