- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium zucchini (1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce and seasonings. Bring to boil; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut zucchini into 1/4-in. slices. In small bowl, combine cottage cheese and egg. In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, place half of the zucchini; sprinkle with half of flour. Top with cottage cheese mixture and half the meat mixture. Repeat layer of zucchini and flour.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and remaining meat mixture. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Zucchini Lasagna
Sort By :
"We have plenty of zucchini in our garden and we're always looking for new ways to use it. This is a pretty yummy way! I used Jimmy Dean sausage instead of hamburger. I also doubled the cottage cheese mix and added more cheese because I like my lasagna nice and rich! I also peeled and de-seeded the zucchini."
"Me and my husband loved it!!!!! I did make a few changes, like added spinach and green peppers..."
"Not bad...but a little bland and very watery! Wasn't bad, but I wouldn't make it again."
"Quick and easy! Everyone likes this and it is very tasty as a leftover too. A keeper."
"If you don't like zucchini...you need to try this! It will make you a zucchini lover!"