Zucchini in Sour Cream Sauce
"Someone shared this zucchini recipe with me years ago. Light and refreshing, it complements any meat you serve it with," pens Sandi Laskowski of Rapid City, South Dakota. Reduced-fat sour cream helps keep the calorie count down, while dill boosts the flavor. Try Sandi's sauce over chicken or grilled fish.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups cubed unpeeled zucchini
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- In a saucepan, combine the zucchini, water, onion, salt, bouillon and
- dill. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes
- or until zucchini is tender. Remove from heat and stir in the
- butter, sugar and lemon juice. Combine sour cream and flour until
- smooth. Gradually add to saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat for
- 5-7 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/4 cup) equals 50 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.