Zucchini in Sour Cream Sauce Recipe
- 3 cups cubed unpeeled zucchini
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the zucchini, water, onion, salt, bouillon and dill. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Remove from heat and stir in the butter, sugar and lemon juice. Combine sour cream and flour until smooth. Gradually add to saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat for 5-7 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1/4 cup) equals 50 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.