Zucchini in Dill Cream Sauce Recipe
- 7 cups unpeeled zucchini, cut in 1-1/2x1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules or 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1. In large saucepan, combine zucchini, onion, water, salt, bouillon and dill; bring to a boil. Add the butter, sugar and lemon juice; mix. Remove from heat; do not drain.
- 2. Combine flour and sour cream; stir half of the mixture into hot zucchini. Return to heat; add remaining cream mixture and cook until thickened. Yield: 8 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 1 vegetable, 1 fat; also 73 calories, 419 mg sodium, 11 mg cholesterol, 8 gm carbohydrates, 2 gm protein, 4 gm fat.
Reviews for Zucchini in Dill Cream Sauce
"This is so easy to make and the best zucchini recipe we've tried! Everyone asked for seconds!! Love this!"