Zucchini/Herb Pate Recipe
Meet the Cook: A friend gave me the recipe for this pate after she'd served it at a formal wedding reception. But I make it most often to spread on crackers at picnics, potlucks and other casual get-togethers. My family - my husband, son and I - live on a small acreage. We all enjoy gardening (I grow my own herbs and vegetables). Hunting for antiques is a frequent activity of ours, too! -Melissa Sullivan, Iuka, Kansas
- 4 medium zucchini (about 1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Line a bowl with a double thickness of cheese cloth. Coarsely shred zucchini into prepared bowl. Sprinkle with the vinegar, sugar and 1 teaspoon salt. Toss gently; cover with a towel and set aside for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor with the chopping blade, mince parsley and chives. Gather ends of cheesecloth, squeezing out as much liquid as possible. Add drained zucchini to food processor and process until pureed. Add the cream cheese, pepper and remaining salt; process until smooth.
- Press pate into a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Zucchini/Herb Pate in Country Woman July/August 1992, p31
Reviews for Zucchini/Herb Pate
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review