Zucchini Hamburger Pie Recipe
This is a family favorite handed down from my dear aunt. It is such a hearty pie that it satisfies the appetite well. And my family has always enjoyed the idea of having pie for supper! —Eloise Swisher, Roseville, Illinois
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Pastry for double-crust deep-dish pie (9 to 10 inches)
- 4 cups sliced zucchini, divided
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef, onion, salt and garlic salt over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the green pepper, oregano, parsley, bread crumbs, cheese and egg; mix well. Set aside.
- 2. Place bottom pastry in pie plate; layer 2 cups of zucchini in crust. Cover with beef mixture. Top with tomato slices and remaining zucchini. Place top pastry over zucchini. Cut a few slits in top.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until crust is lightly browned. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 353 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 745 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC