Zucchini Ham Frittata Recipe
This easy egg dish is too pretty and tasty to serve just for breakfast. It's great any time of day.—Mildred Fox, Fostoria, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 cups finely chopped zucchini (3-4 medium )
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1. In a 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate, combine zucchini and onion. Microwave, covered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until tender; drain.
- 2. In a bowl, whisk eggs, salt and pepper; stir in cheese and ham. Carefully pour over zucchini mixture. Microwave at 70% power for 8-9 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece equals 251 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 265 mg cholesterol, 1,134 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC