- 4 cups finely chopped zucchini (3-4 medium )
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- In a 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate, combine zucchini and onion. Microwave, covered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, salt and pepper; stir in cheese and ham. Carefully pour over zucchini mixture. Microwave at 70% power for 8-9 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Zucchini Ham Frittata
Sort By :
"great recipe. I sautéed my zucchini and onions in 1 T. extra virgin olive oil, transferred to my French White quiche dish, poured the ham/egg/salt/pepper mixture over it, sprinkled with the cheese and baked in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. I am not thrilled with microwaved egg meals, but I loved this one the way I adapted it."
"I rate this as 4 1/2 star for simplicity and quick and easy good tastes. Instead of ham, I used leftover carnitas. I would advise the plate sprayed with some oil first so it does not stick and since every microwave is different in power, adjust the power and or timing. You may not hit the power/time the first time ie mine came out a little more cooked and dier than I like but next time, I will cut down on time so that is a little more moist. Truly enjoyed with green salad for simple and quick lunch."
"i tried the similar recipe from Nestle kids recipe collection...http://www.nestle-family.com/Recipes/english/by-occasion-kids-corner_zucchini-frittata_49189.aspx"
"My family practically inhaled this dish!"
"My family loved this. My daughter inhaled it! I will definitely make it again."