Zucchini Granola Cookies
"To use up an abundance of garden zucchini, try these wholesome soft-textured cookies," suggests Janice Brady of Des Moines, Washington.
39 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups granola without raisins
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) semisweet chocolate or butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, orange peel and vanilla. Combine flour, granola,
- baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in zucchini and chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake
- at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to
- wire racks to cool. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 177 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium,