Zucchini Granola Cookies Recipe
"To use up an abundance of garden zucchini, try these wholesome soft-textured cookies," suggests Janice Brady of Des Moines, Washington.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups granola without raisins
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) semisweet chocolate or butterscotch chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, orange peel and vanilla. Combine flour, granola, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Stir in zucchini and chips.
- 3. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 177 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC