Zucchini Granola Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups granola without raisins
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) semisweet chocolate or butterscotch chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, orange peel and vanilla. Combine flour, granola, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Stir in zucchini and chips.
- 3. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 177 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Zucchini Granola Cookies
"Resist the urge to add extra zucchini. There is plenty. Also do not underbake or it gets a doughy taste, its pretty dense. They were ok. Was hoping for a little crunch with the granola but no."