"To use up an abundance of garden zucchini, try these wholesome soft-textured cookies," suggests Janice Brady of Des Moines, Washington.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups granola without raisins
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) semisweet chocolate or butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, orange peel and vanilla. Combine flour, granola, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in zucchini and chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Zucchini Granola Cookies in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p63
Reviews for Zucchini Granola Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 28, 2012
"Resist the urge to add extra zucchini. There is plenty. Also do not underbake or it gets a doughy taste, its pretty dense. They were ok. Was hoping for a little crunch with the granola but no."