Zucchini-Garlic Pasta Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) wagon wheel pasta or other specialty shape pasta
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 3 medium zucchini (about 1-1/2 pounds), halved and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, 2 tablespoons of drippings. In same skillet, saute onion and garlic in reserved drippings for 3 minutes or until tender. Add the zucchini and salt; cook 6 minutes longer or until tender.
- 2. Drain pasta and add to the zucchini mixture. Add lemon juice and bacon; toss. Transfer to a serving bowl or platter; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 293 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Zucchini-Garlic Pasta
"Great use of squash from the garden! Sometimes I substitute cubed ham in place of bacon. My husband loved it."
"I love this recipe! We've usually eaten this as a main dish as it is very filling. Even my kids like it!"