- 1 package (16 ounces) wagon wheel pasta or other specialty shape pasta
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 3 medium zucchini (about 1-1/2 pounds), halved and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, 2 tablespoons of drippings. In same skillet, saute onion and garlic in reserved drippings for 3 minutes or until tender. Add the zucchini and salt; cook 6 minutes longer or until tender.
- Drain pasta and add to the zucchini mixture. Add lemon juice and bacon; toss. Transfer to a serving bowl or platter; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini-Garlic Pasta in Country April/May 1996, p49
Reviews for Zucchini-Garlic Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 24, 2013
"Great use of squash from the garden! Sometimes I substitute cubed ham in place of bacon. My husband loved it."
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2013
"I love this recipe! We've usually eaten this as a main dish as it is very filling. Even my kids like it!"