Zucchini Fudge Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 3-1/2 cups prepared chocolate frosting
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Stir in zucchini.
- 2. Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Spread frosting between layers and over the top and sides of cake. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 piece: 672 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 604mg sodium, 102g carbohydrate (73g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Zucchini Fudge Cake
"This cake fast became a favorite of ours when I first made it. Now I make it as a standard when the zucchini in my garden gets picked."
"My family LOVED this! I used an 11 x 14 pan and baked it approx 50 minutes."