- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 3-1/2 cups prepared chocolate frosting
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Stir in zucchini.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Spread frosting between layers and over the top and sides of cake. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Fudge Cake in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p47
Reviews for Zucchini Fudge Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2011
"This cake fast became a favorite of ours when I first made it. Now I make it as a standard when the zucchini in my garden gets picked."
Reviewed May. 29, 2010
Reviewed Oct. 1, 2009
"My family LOVED this! I used an 11 x 14 pan and baked it approx 50 minutes."