- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 3-1/2 cups prepared chocolate frosting
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Stir in zucchini.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Spread frosting between layers and over the top and sides of cake. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Fudge Cake
Sort By :
"This cake fast became a favorite of ours when I first made it. Now I make it as a standard when the zucchini in my garden gets picked."
"This was the best chocolate zucchini cake I have made. I made it for a special Sunday dinner as a layer cake. I then decorated it as a sunflower using Peeps and chocolate chips. It was WONDERFUL! Thank you for sharing the recipe!"
"I tried the 11x15 pan as one reviewer noted they had done and I now have cake all over my oven! Cake was just ok....will probably not make it again. Now I have to go clean my oven! I'd suggest the three round cake pans as noted in the recipe or perhaps two smaller cake pans."
"My family LOVED this! I used an 11 x 14 pan and baked it approx 50 minutes."