Meet the Cook: One day, I wanted to serve zucchini as a side dish - but I didn't have the time to slice and deep-fry it. So I came up with these fritters instead! They go especially well with barbecued ribs or pork chops and corn on the cob.
I'm an avid recipe clipper. I've also assisted at our church's Wednesday night suppers, cooking for as many as 125 people. That was good "training" - my h
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 of 1-ounce package ranch-style dip mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded zucchini
- Fill a deep-fat fryer or skillet with oil to a 2-in. depth. Heat to
- Meanwhile, combine milk and egg in a bowl. Stir together dry
- ingredients and add to egg mixture; blend well. Fold in zucchini.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls into hot oil. Fry until deep
- golden brown, turning once. Drain thoroughly on paper towels. Yield:
- 1-1/2 to 2 dozen.