Zucchini Fritters Recipe
Meet the Cook: One day, I wanted to serve zucchini as a side dish - but I didn't have the time to slice and deep-fry it. So I came up with these fritters instead! They go especially well with barbecued ribs or pork chops and corn on the cob. I'm an avid recipe clipper. I've also assisted at our church's Wednesday night suppers, cooking for as many as 125 people. That was good "training" - my husband and I have three children...and they're now 20, 19 and 18! -Mary Dixson, Catlin, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 of 1-ounce package ranch-style dip mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded zucchini
- 1. Fill a deep-fat fryer or skillet with oil to a 2-in. depth. Heat to 375°.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine milk and egg in a bowl. Stir together dry ingredients and add to egg mixture; blend well. Fold in zucchini. Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls into hot oil. Fry until deep golden brown, turning once. Drain thoroughly on paper towels. Yield: 1-1/2 to 2 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC