THIS RECIPE was always one of my family's favorites, and it remains so for my husband and me.
When we plan a trip by car, I make the frittata the night before, stuff it into pita bread in the morning and microwave each one for a minute or two. Then I wrap them in a towel, and down the road an hour or so, we enjoy a still-warm breakfast!
-Carol Blumenberg, Lehigh Acres, Florida
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- In an 8-in. ovenproof skillet over medium heat, cook onion and
- zucchini in oil until crisp-tender. Beat eggs and salt; pour over
- the top. Cook until almost set, 6-7 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 each) equals 359 calories, 25 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 368 mg cholesterol, 533 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.