This easy egg dish is too pretty and tasty to serve just for breakfast. It's great any time of day.Mildred Fox, Fostoria, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups finely chopped zucchini (3-4 medium )
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- In a 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate, combine zucchini and onion.
- Microwave, covered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, salt and pepper; stir in cheese and ham.
- Carefully pour over zucchini mixture. Microwave at 70% power for 8-9
- minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 251 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 265 mg cholesterol, 1,134 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.