"These flavorful fries are the first thing we make when the zucchini in our garden is ready," relates Debbie Brunssen of Randolph, Nebraska. "I fry several batches because our family of eight loves these crispy golden wedges." You will, too, at just 71¢ per serving.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 cups Corn Chex, crushed
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Cut zucchini in half widthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into
- eight wedges; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, onion
- salt, oregano and garlic powder. Combine the egg, milk and oil; stir
- into the dry ingredients just until blended. Dip zucchini wedges in
- batter, then roll in crushed cereal.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry
- zucchini wedges, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes or until golden
- brown. Drain on paper towels; keep warm. Yield: 4 servings.