"These flavorful fries are the first thing we make when the zucchini in our garden is ready," relates Debbie Brunssen of Randolph, Nebraska. "I fry several batches because our family of eight loves these crispy golden wedges." You will, too, at just 71¢ per serving.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 cups Corn Chex, crushed
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Cut zucchini in half widthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into eight wedges; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, onion salt, oregano and garlic powder. Combine the egg, milk and oil; stir into the dry ingredients just until blended. Dip zucchini wedges in batter, then roll in crushed cereal.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry zucchini wedges, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels; keep warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Fries in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p51
Reviews for Zucchini Fries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review