Zucchini Fries for 2
I often make these fries for my husband and myself—especially when our garden is full of zucchini. The cornmeal coating gives them a nice crunch. —Sarah Gottschalk, Richmond, Indiana
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika and pepper
- Cooking spray
- Marinara or spaghetti sauce, warmed
- Cut zucchini into 3-in. x 1/2-in. x 1/2-in. pieces. In a shallow
- bowl, whisk egg white. In another shallow bowl, combine the flour,
- cornmeal and seasonings. Dip zucchini in egg white, then roll in
- flour mixture.
- Place zucchini on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; spray
- with additional cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 18-22 minutes or
- until golden brown, turning once. Serve with marinara sauce. Yield:
- 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without sauce) equals 98 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 414 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.