Zucchini Feta Bruschetta Recipe
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the tomato, zucchini, onions, basil and garlic. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Pour over tomato mixture and toss to coat. Stir in cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Cut bread into 18 slices; spread butter on both sides. In a large skillet or griddle, toast bread on both sides or until lightly browned. Cut each slice in half; use a slotted spoon to top each with tomato mixture. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 piece: 59 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (trace sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Zucchini Feta Bruschetta
"First bruschetta I've made that had zucchini as an ingredient. Absolutely delicious.....a keeper! I will definitely be making this again. Like several other raters, I also used dried basil."
"This is yummy! I use the crusty premade garlic toasts from the bakery. Always a big hit."
"I think I'm addicted to this! I too did not have any fresh basil, nor did I have green onions, so I used 2 teaspoons dried basil and 1 teaspoon dried chopped onions."
"This is one of my favorite bruschetta recipes. I just love all the flavors in this one. I highly recommend it."
"for my grand daughter baby shower we served this and it was a hit .we had it at the park"
"Having quite a few zucchini on hand I tried this recipe. I did not have fresh basil, so I used the dried. Still delicious!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer