Zucchini Feta Bruschetta Recipe
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the tomato, zucchini, onions, basil and garlic. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Pour over tomato mixture and toss to coat. Stir in cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Cut bread into 18 slices; spread butter on both sides. In a large skillet or griddle, toast bread on both sides or until lightly browned. Cut each slice in half; use a slotted spoon to top each with tomato mixture. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 59 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer