- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium red potatoes (about 1/2 lb.), cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 4 frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links, thawed and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until potatoes are crisp-tender. Stir in zucchini and sausage; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until the vegetables are tender.
- Gently stir in red peppers, tomatoes, salt and pepper; sprinkle with cheese. With back of spoon, make four wells in potato mixture; break an egg into each well. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, covered, 4-6 minutes or until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Egg Skillet in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014
Reviews for Zucchini Egg Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2015
"I love zucchini, but never tried it this way before. This is perfect for any time of day, but I've found it to make an excellent brunch. Plus, its healthy!"