My neighbor shared more zucchini from his garden than I knew what to do with. He loved this recipe—it's great for brunch or a special breakfast. —Darcy Kennedy, Hendersonvlle, North Carolina
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium red potatoes (about 1/2 lb.), cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 4 frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links, thawed and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until potatoes are crisp-tender. Stir in zucchini and sausage; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until the vegetables are tender.
- Gently stir in red peppers, tomatoes, salt and pepper; sprinkle with cheese. With back of spoon, make four wells in potato mixture; break an egg into each well. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, covered, 4-6 minutes or until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Egg Skillet in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014
Reviews for Zucchini Egg Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review