Zucchini Egg Bake Recipe
"This wonderfully moist brunch dish can be made a day early and stored in the refrigerator to save time," reports Kim Hafner of East Walpole, Massachusetts. "Loaded with zucchini, herbs and cheese, it goes well with croissants and fresh fruit."
- 3 cups chopped peeled zucchini
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh marjoram or 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion and garlic in butter until tender; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, marjoram and salt. Stir in zucchini mixture and Monterey Jack cheese.
- 2. Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 203 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 176 mg cholesterol, 495 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Zucchini Egg Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC