Zucchini Egg and Cheese Casserole Recipe
Whether I'm preparing a sit-down dinner at home or attending a potluck buffet, family and friends have come to expect my signature vegetable dish.
- 5 medium zucchini (about 2 pounds), diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook zucchini in boiling water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes; drain. Cool for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; whisk in milk until smooth. Beat in eggs and chilies. Stir in cheese and zucchini.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over zucchini mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and edges are lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12-16 servings.
3/4 cup: 163 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 461mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Zucchini Egg and Cheese Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC