Zucchini Egg and Cheese Casserole Recipe
- 5 medium zucchini (about 2 pounds), diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook zucchini in boiling water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes; drain. Cool for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; whisk in milk until smooth. Beat in eggs and chilies. Stir in cheese and zucchini.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over zucchini mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and edges are lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12-16 servings.
3/4 cup: 163 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 461mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Zucchini Egg and Cheese Casserole
"I skipped the bread crumbs and butter topping and it was very good."