Zucchini Dressing Recipe
Tender green zucchini slices and orange flecks of carrot give this casserole a pretty look. The stuffing stays nice and moist, while the topping gets crunchy.—Bernice Morris, Marshfield, Missouri
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2-1/4 cups seasoned stuffing croutons, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. In a saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Add zucchini. Reduce heat; cover and cook until zucchini is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well; set aside.
- 2. In another saucepan, saute carrots and onion in 4 tablespoons butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in 1-1/2 cups croutons, soup and sour cream. Gently stir in the zucchini.
- 3. Pour into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. melt the remaining butter and toss with remaining croutons; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 219 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 664 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC