- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2-1/4 cups seasoned stuffing croutons, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Add zucchini. Reduce heat; cover and cook until zucchini is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well; set aside.
- In another saucepan, saute carrots and onion in 4 tablespoons butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in 1-1/2 cups croutons, soup and sour cream. Gently stir in the zucchini.
- Pour into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. melt the remaining butter and toss with remaining croutons; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Dressing
Sort By :
i made this tonight for my husband and i. it was delicious! i used 98% fat free cream of chicken soup and low fat sour cream.Then i cooked the onions and carrots in olive oil and i can't believe it's not butter light. I boiled the sliced zucchini in a bowl with water in
the microwave for ten minutes and it was cooked perfectly,soft yet still slightly crunchy. For the crotons i used some fresh made ones from the store. they were seasoned. i would recommend buying the best ones you can that are seasoned. This had lots of flavor and will definitely be a keeper. next time i may add some precooked chicken or maybe even some precooked Italian turkey sausage and use it as a main dish.
This dressing is very good we've tried several with not so good results and this one is the best by far.