- 1 cup shredded peeled zucchini
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Place zucchini in a small bowl; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine 3 cups flour, yeast, 2 tablespoons cheese, sugar and remaining salt. Add zucchini; toss to combine. Combine water and butter; add to dry ingredients. Stir in remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Divide dough in half; shape each portion into 12 balls. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Repeat. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Zucchini Dinner Rolls
"These came out just perfect! Will be making them again and again!!"
"Yummy dinner rolls! I made them in my bread machine and they came out perfectly. Another thing - I didn't peel the zucchini. I'd made the zucchini raisin (yeast) bread recipe that I found here at TOH, and I liked the little green flecks in the finished product. They looked pretty in these rolls, too. These are a keeper, and I love the ease of using my bread machine to make them!"
"Reading reviews, these look easy to make. Saved recipe. Now we'll just see how long it takes to make 'em!"
"I substituted 1 cup of whole wheat flour for 1 cup of the all purpose flour. These rolls are really delicious."