Grated squash gives these golden dinner rolls wonderful moistness. They're scrumptious warm from the oven.—Robert Keith, Rochester, Minnesota
- 1 cup shredded peeled zucchini
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Place zucchini in a small bowl; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine 3 cups flour, yeast, 2 tablespoons cheese, sugar and remaining salt. Add zucchini; toss to combine. Combine water and butter; add to dry ingredients. Stir in remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Divide dough in half; shape each portion into 12 balls. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Repeat. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Zucchini Dinner Rolls in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p47
Reviews for Zucchini Dinner Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review