- 3 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- CARAMEL FROSTING:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil, orange juice and extract. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in zucchini.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- For frosting, combine the brown sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool to lukewarm.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 1-1/2 to 2 dozen.
Reviews for Zucchini Cupcakes
Sort By :
"These were very tasty and moist. It took 16 min for 18 cupcakes. I found them too sweet so I will cut down the sugar next time. I omitted the cloves because my family doesn't like them. By the time I finished them it was late so I didn't get to make the icing. They are delicious even without the frosting!"
"What a great way to use zucchini!! The frosting is to die for-- and it's not even chocolate!! I double it and pile it on each cupcake! I can easily get 2 1/2 dozen from this recipe Then there's more room for frosting!!"
"I made this recipe as written two times. I have also just made them with whole wheat flour. They are good either way. Frosting is delicious but not necessary."
"These are delicious. They are light textured and the frosting is easy. They are not too sweet, either, just right! I am so happy to have this recipe. Everyone who ate one thought they were just yummy! I will make again and again. Always need zucchini recipes. Thanks!"
"These are delicious! I didn't have orange juice so I substituted equal amount lemon juice and it worked well! The frosting is delicious!"