- 3 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- CARAMEL FROSTING:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil, orange juice and extract. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in zucchini.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- For frosting, combine the brown sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool to lukewarm.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 1-1/2 to 2 dozen.
Reviews for Zucchini Cupcakes
Sort By :
"These are delicious. They are light textured and the frosting is easy. They are not too sweet, either, just right! I am so happy to have this recipe. Everyone who ate one thought they were just yummy! I will make again and again. Always need zucchini recipes. Thanks!"
"These are delicious! I didn't have orange juice so I substituted equal amount lemon juice and it worked well! The frosting is delicious!"
"Added applesauce for oil and orange extract for juice...awesome and nice and moist. The frosting is very good. Will make again!"
"These were so yummy! I used ground all spice, instead of ground cloves. Worked great!"
"I ate some of these. They were delicious!! She added about a 1/2 cup -3/4 cup of bluberries. Really good!!"