Zucchini Cupcakes Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- CARAMEL FROSTING:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil, orange juice and extract. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in zucchini.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- For frosting, combine the brown sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool to lukewarm.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 1-1/2 to 2 dozen.
Reviews for Zucchini Cupcakes
Sort By :
"Super yummy! I love these cupcakes, and the frosting is delicious. New favorite cupcake recipe."
"Wonderful! Moist and delightful. Unfortunately I was out of almond extract so I had to use vanilla. Next time I'll definitely use almond; I'll also reduce the cloves to 1/4 teaspoon as they're a bit overpowering for my taste. I'm sure I'll be baking these again. The caramel frosting is delicious and plentiful!"
"This recipe is fantastic. This is one of the children's favorite after school snacks. I have made it as a birthday cake as well. Also, if you are trying to cut calories I would have to say it's great without the frosting too!"
"We tried this recently as I have a surplus of zucchini. My boys loved them. I had no problem with the frosting as is, make sure you let it actually get down to lukewarm if you are having problems with the consistency. Setting it in a pan of cool water can speed the process. I baked mine for 20 min. for the first 12, then 18 the second as I found them a little dry."