- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat first five ingredients. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to egg mixture and blend well. Stir in zucchini.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- For frosting, combine brown sugar, butter and milk in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool to lukewarm.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Zucchini Cupcakes
"> I totally loved these cute cupcakes... but I turned them n2 holiday breads - I used the zucchini, crushed pineapple, raisins & either chopped walnuts or pecans (salted) - WOW - they were so good - I made 35 and all of them got sold at the Christmas craft festival this year! I will make these again... both as cupcakes and breads!"
"Since we had many zucchini squash in our garden this year, I used some to try this recipe.I wasn't sorry I did, they are delicious!"
"Great Frosting to use on other cupcakes and cakes"
"These cupcakes are excellent! Batter made 22 cupcakes instead of 1 1/2 doz. Only change I made was added 1/2 cup raisins to batter at end. I almost increased the frosting ingredients slightly."
"The icing was the best part of these!!! The cupcakes themselves were quite delicious but the icing definitely topped these off."
"The zucchini cupcakes were very moist and flavorful. I usually see zucchini cake paired with cream cheese frosting, so I thought the caramel frosting was really unique, and delicious!"
"The zucchini muffins were okay; however it was some of the best icing I have ever tasted! The icing was beyond amazing!!!"
"Awesome! I loved the taste and texture of the cake. The icing was very sweet, but still delicious! I had a lot of icing leftover, so I would halve the recipe for the icing next time. This is definitely a winner!"
"Love, love, love the frosting. I wouldn't necessarily consider this a cupcake, more like a quick bread; however, it is tasty. I love the orange juice in the batter."
"just made these tonight and was very impressed. I didnt double the icing recipe but did increase it a bit.. It made enough to ice 1 1/2 dozen cupcakes and then some! Yes, the icing was to die for. I increased the shredded zucchini alittle cause I wanted more vegies in them. I will definitely be making these again!"