- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat first five ingredients. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to egg mixture and blend well. Stir in zucchini.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- For frosting, combine brown sugar, butter and milk in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool to lukewarm.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Zucchini Cupcakes
"I took these cupcakes to work and they didn't last long."
"My sis made these. I would have never made a zuchinni cupcake but I sure am glad she did. Now one of my favorites. The combination of flavors is perfect; the frosting is delicious!"
"Delicious. Yummy frosting. I have been making these for s few years now. As soon as zucchini appears in my garden, the cupcakes are never far behind!!!"
"Made it in a 9x13 and came out great. Hard to beat spiced cake and caramel frosting. This will definitely be made again"
"This is the second time I've made these. They are very tasty and moist. It took 16 min for 18 cupcakes. I used 1 cup sugar and I found them still a little too sweet. I omitted the cloves because my family doesn't like them. They are delicious even without the frosting!"