Zucchini Crust Pizza
"My mother-in-law shared the recipe for this unique pizza with me," recalls Ruth Denomme of Englehart, Ontario. Its quiche-like zucchini crust makes it just right for brunch, lunch or a light supper.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 small tomatoes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini and egg substitute. Stir in flour
- and salt. Spread onto the bottom of a 12-in. pizza pan coated with
- cooking spray.
- Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°. Sprinkle
- with the mozzarella, tomatoes, onion, green pepper, oregano, basil
- and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until onion is tender
- and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
Nutritional Facts: One slice equals 190 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 431 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,