My mother-in-law shared the recipe for this unique pizza with me. The quiche-like zucchini crust makes it just right for brunch, lunch or a light supper. —Ruth Denomme, Englehart, Ontario
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 small tomatoes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini and egg substitute. Stir in flour and salt. Spread onto a 12-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°. Sprinkle with the mozzarella, tomatoes, onion, green pepper, oregano, basil and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until onion is tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
Originally published as Zucchini Crust Pizza in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p8
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Zucchini Crust Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review