"My husband, Jamie, is an avid gardener and hates to see any of his work go to waste," explains Deborah Trescott of Marianna, Florida. "So we fix this dessert that tastes like it's made with apples but uses up a bounty of zucchini. It's so good, even those who don't like vegetables enjoy it."
- 8 cups cubed peeled zucchini
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a bowl, combine the zucchini, lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- For topping, combine brown sugar, oats and flour in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over the zucchini mixture. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly and the zucchini is tender. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Crisp in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p58
Reviews for Zucchini Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review