Zucchini Crisp Recipe
- 8 cups cubed peeled zucchini
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a bowl, combine the zucchini, lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- For topping, combine brown sugar, oats and flour in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over the zucchini mixture. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly and the zucchini is tender. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Crisp(10)
Sort By :
This was a big hit at church. Great way to use up this crop. I also reduced the lemon juice to 1/2 cup. We did not peel the zucchini, no taste difference, but without the green you would truly think it was made with apples.
This is a keeper! I followed the recipe exactly the way it was written with 2 exceptions - I reduced the lemon juice to 1/2 Cup and used my food processor to make the topping. The zucchini was a little watery so I will add a couple of tablespoons of flour to it the next time I make the recipe. The texture is exactly like apples! YUM!
love this desert - used splenda for the diabetic folks- I could not tell the difference between reg Brown sugar and Splenda Brown sugar.
Easy to make and tastes just like an apple crisp! I don't bother peeling the zucchini.
It taste like apple crisp. A great use for zucchini! I've made it twice in a week. I did double the cinnamon in the recipe.