Zucchini Crepes Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded and squeezed dry
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, eggs, egg substitute, milk and salt until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Heat an 8-in. nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray; pour about 1/4 cup batter into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, coat with cooking spray as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 3. In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and mushrooms in oil until tender. Add zucchini; saute 2-3 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in tomatoes, 1 cup of cheese, salt, oregano and pepper.
- 4. Spoon onto crepes and roll up. Arrange in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread spaghetti sauce over crepes.
- 5. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
2 each: 264 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 900mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable
Reviews for Zucchini Crepes
"this is the best savory crepe we ever had very tasty and healthy"
"Wonderful recipe, husband loved it too. Although he doesn't like green peppers, I just replaced them with more zucchini. I also used Jack cheese instead of cheddar. Will pass this on to my family!"