Zucchini Cranberry Bread Recipe
Tart berries, crunchy nuts and tender zucchini are simply delightful mixed together in this mini loaf. “I make quick breads to give at Christmas, and lots of people ask for this one,” says Carol Lee of Ripon, Wisconsin.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 2/3 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture. Fold in the zucchini, cranberry sauce, walnuts and orange peel (batter will be thick).
- 2. Transfer to an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice equals 167 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC