Zucchini Cranberry Bread Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 2/3 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture. Fold in the zucchini, cranberry sauce, walnuts and orange peel (batter will be thick).
- 2. Transfer to an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice: 167 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Zucchini Cranberry Bread
"Excellent! Left out the walnuts. Used two mini loaf pans. Would definitely make again."