Zucchini Crab Cakes Recipe
Fried to golden perfection, these nicely seasoned cakes from Jacqui Correa of Landing, New Jersey, are loaded with fresh zucchini and succulent crabmeat.
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup lump crabmeat, drained
- 1. In a large skillet, saute zucchini and onion in 1 teaspoon oil until tender. In a small bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, mustard, thyme, cayenne and zucchini mixture. Fold in crab. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. With floured hands, shape mixture into four 3/4-in.-thick patties. In the same skillet, cook crab cakes in remaining oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 4 crab cakes.
1 each: 86 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Zucchini Crab Cakes
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2016
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC