Zucchini Crab Cakes
Fried to golden perfection, these nicely seasoned cakes from Jacqui Correa of Landing, New Jersey, are loaded with fresh zucchini and succulent crabmeat.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons beaten Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup lump crabmeat, drained
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini and onion in 1 teaspoon oil until
- tender. In a small bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, mustard,
- thyme, cayenne and zucchini mixture. Fold in crab. Refrigerate for
- at least 30 minutes.
- With floured hands, shape mixture into four 3/4-in.-thick patties. In
- the same skillet, cook crab cakes in remaining oil over medium heat
- for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 4 crab
Nutritional Facts: 1 crab cake equals 86 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 325 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 lean meat,