Zucchini Crab Cakes Recipe
Fried to golden perfection, these nicely seasoned cakes from Jacqui Correa of Landing, New Jersey, are loaded with fresh zucchini and succulent crabmeat.
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons beaten Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup lump crabmeat, drained
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini and onion in 1 teaspoon oil until tender. In a small bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, mustard, thyme, cayenne and zucchini mixture. Fold in crab. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- With floured hands, shape mixture into four 3/4-in.-thick patties. In the same skillet, cook crab cakes in remaining oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 4 crab cakes.
Originally published as Zucchini Crab Cakes in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p11
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Zucchini Crab Cakes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizer Recipes for Two >
- Appetizers >
- Appetizers for Two >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Crab Cakes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >