- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Butter and maple syrup, optional
- Place zucchini in a colander to drain; squeeze well to remove excess liquid. Pat dry.
- Whisk flour, cheese, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and onion. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in zucchini.
- Lightly grease a griddle with cooking spray; preheat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. If desired, serve with butter and syrup. Yield: 8 pancakes.
Reviews for Zucchini-Cornmeal Pancakes
"These were very good. I will make them again. Eeryone liked them. Thanks Katherine."
"Looking for another way to use fresh zucchini? This recipe is great! I served it with barbeque pork sandwiches, which made for a nice meal. They are easy to make, with a light Parmesan cheese taste (I would be tempted to leave the Parmesan cheese out next time). All in all a winner! Will make again."
"If in a hurry, you can use a package of jiffy mix cornbread mix. A friend of mine gave me this recipe eons ago and I look forward to summer for fresh zucchini. YUM."
"These are delicious! I serve them with plain Greek yogurt and apricot preserves, which compliment the flavored and texture of these addictive pancakes beautifully. But butter and real maple syrup are delicious, too!"
"I made these delicious pancakes for dinner tonite. I used 1 tsp. dried minced onion instead of the finely chopped onion and I also added 1 Tbsp of oil to the batter. They turned out wonderful! They were very tasty ... a very nice consistency from the cornmeal and a freshness from the zucchini. Now I know what to do with some of the zucchini I'm getting from my neighbor's garden! Highly recommended!"