Zucchini Corn Saute
I enjoy ethnic cooking. So I usually serve this quick side dish with baked chile relenos and diced fresh tomatoes. It's also good with a Moroccan-type meal. —Barbara Lundgren of New Brighton, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4-1/2 cups sliced zucchini (1/4-inch slices)
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a nonstick skillet, saute zucchini and onion in oil for 4-5
- minutes. Stir in corn; saute 2 minutes longer or until vegetables
- are tender. Sprinkle with salt, cumin and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 104 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.