- 5 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook zucchini in water and salt until just tender, about 6 minutes. Add corn; cook for 1 minute. Drain. Stir in chilies; pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. shallow baking dish. Melt butter in a saucepan; stir in flour and seasonings until smooth and bubbly. Stir in milk; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted. Pour over vegetables. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Corn Medley
Sort By :
This is definitely worth more than a *5* rating. Have made several times, including holidays. I replace green chilies with green sweet pepper, with fantastic results. Look fwd. to making this for years to come, then pass recipe on to my kids/grandkids, so they can make it for me!
My family loves this dish! I have made it several times - usually special occassions such as holidays or big family gatherings.
I have made this twice. It is very good but the second time I made it, it was runny. Perhaps I should allow it to drain longer.
Have not tried this dish yet, but will soon. Can't wait til zucchini come along in garden.