Zucchini Corn Casserole
I depend on fast and healthy meals that my whole family can enjoy—this is one of their favorites!—Nanci Keatley, Salem, Oregon
4 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- In a skillet coated with cooking spray, saute zucchini, corn, onion
- and red pepper. Cover and simmer for 8 minutes. Combine bouillon and
- milk; add to vegetables with chilies, chili powder, cumin and
- cayenne. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in half of the cheese.
- Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish that has been coated with cooking
- spray. Top with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20
- minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is bubbly.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/2-cup serving equals 168 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 461 mg sodium,