Zucchini Corn Casserole Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1. In a skillet coated with cooking spray, saute zucchini, corn, onion and red pepper. Cover and simmer for 8 minutes. Combine bouillon and milk; add to vegetables with chilies, chili powder, cumin and cayenne. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in half of the cheese. Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
One 1/2-cup serving equals 168 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 461 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 meat, 1 vegetable.